Hello friends! The irony of ironies is, I am coming at you with this post while recovering from a 2-week long cold. 🙄 Let’s just say, me indulging my sweet tooth (did someone say white chocolate truffles and strawberry frap???), pushing myself too hard by going out and about, and not getting enough rest has certainly caught up with me. Remember my Top 3 Toxic Fall Staples post? Well, I’m living evidence that the occasional Starbucks Frap and other sugary foods truly are bad for your health (especially if you’re already sick)! 😜
This week I’ve been trying hard to reinvest in my health to bring myself back up to 100%. I’m going to share with you my tips & tricks for maintaining vibrant health in the winter months. Preventative wellness, as we like to call it. 😉 Ready? Let’s GO!
Immune-Boosting Supplements & Oils
- Super C Chewable Tablets – This is Young Living’s version of a Vitamin C supplement. Um, guys… you have NOT experienced Vitamin C until you take this supplement! Just like their oils, Young Living’s naturally derived supplements are soooo potent and powerful. Not only does Vitamin C boost your immune system, but I’ve also seen major improvements in my skin health! Win-win! Plus it tastes amazing, sooo… 💁🏻♀️ I’ve been taking 1-3 of these daily as I have been recovering. When I don’t, I feel it.
- Inner Defense – This is a blend of immune-boosting essential oils in a soft gel capsule! It contains Thyme, Oregano, and Thieves, which all reinforce systemic defenses, create unfriendly terrain for yeast/fungus, and promote healthy respiratory function. If you’re squeamish about ingesting oils, this is a powerful alternative! We love taking 1-3 Inner Defense capsules when we’re feeling low, or after a party where it seems like everybody is, ahem, not well (😖), or when we’re recovering and need an immune boost.
- Ningxia Red – Um. This. Oh, friends, this drink deserves a post all it’s own. Let’s just say any and all nasties floating around in your body are WIPED OUT by this bad-boy! Ningxia Wolfberries are packed with antioxidants, and every ingredient in this drink is there to super-charge your health, eliminate free-radicals, and make you feel AMAZING! 💃🏻 << that emoticon really describes Ningxia so perfectly. 😂 Since it is on the expensive side, we only take it when we absolutely need it, just like our Inner Defense capsules. Just 2oz when we’re feeling low (both emotionally or physically), and we’re good to go!
- Thieves Hard Lozenges – These lozenges have been our go-to lately. The way they can soothe your throat & chest while boosting your immune system is amazing! I’ve been taking one when my immune system just feels out of control and I need something calming and restoring.
- Young Living Thieves*, Oregano, RC*, and Raven – Ok, guys: you legit need these oils in your life. I don’t know HOW we would survive the Fall and Winter without them! Ok, maybe just become hermits and stay home all the time… but that ain’t happening because #holidays. 😉 These oils have powerful, powerful properties that help you maintain a vibrant, happy immune system, and support your respiratory health (which I could definitely use right about now!). We do everything with these oils: diffuse, rub on the bottoms of our feet or chest, place on the lining of our mouth… just a drop or two throughout the day will do! It’s so simple, yet so effective. I’ll admit that I had totally slacked on oiling up with Thieves to help guard my body against unwanted nasties, and wouldn’t you know: my choice came back to bite me. Preventative wellness is SO the way to go, you guys! You don’t do it, you pay.
*These oils are found in the Premium Starter Kit! Woot woot! Get your health kick-started by purchasing this incredible lifestyle package today, and Jess and I will personally help you oil up your life!
Oily Recipes for Happy Health
Below are a few of our favorite ways to use oils to ramp up our immune systems, or create a comforting effect on our respiratory health:
- Happy Nose: 1 drop Thieves + 1 drop RC + 1-2 drops Carrier Oil (coconut, vitamin E, or jojoba). Mix together in the palm of your hand and apply over your sinuses.
- Happy Chest: 1-2 drops RC + 1 drop Peppermint + 3 drops Carrier Oil. Rub over chest and feet. Make a tent out of your shirt and breath deeply for a minute or two to enhance the effect.
- Happy Throat: 1 drop Thieves. Place drop in your palm, rub your thumb in it and place your thumb on the roof of your mouth. Yes, it burns like those crazy cinnamon candies. Yes, it’s worth it. Massage the remaining oil in downward motions on your neck.
- Super-Charged Immune System: 1 drop Oregano + 1 drop Thieves + 1-3 drops Carrier Oil (increase if sensitivity occurs). Rub over bottoms of feet every night when your immune system needs a major boost.
- Detox & Relax Bath: 1 drop Oregano + 2 drops Thieves + 2 cups Unscented Epsom Salts. Combine oils & salt in a non-plastic container and stir rapidly to distribute oils evenly throughout the salt. Add salts to a hot bath and soak for 15-30min. BONUS TIP: Apply “Super Charged Immune System” blend right after your bath when the pores of your feet are still dilated to really boost your health!
Other Health Basics
Here are a few other basic health-boosting essentials:
- Diffuse any of the oils mentioned above (Thieves, Oregano, RC, and Raven) on the regular.
- Use Thieves products, like the cleaner, toothpaste, cough drops, hand purifier, and all-purpose spray. All of these products contain Young Living’s exclusive powerful essential oil blend, Thieves. This means that they will not only get the job done, but they will also boost your immune health! Bam! Mind.Blown.🤯
That’s all I have for you guys today! If you have any questions or interest in getting your hands on some of these amazing items, just contact us and we’ll help you out!
Also, please beware: if you are using a brand other than Young Living, we can not affirm that your essential oils will have the same effect, or that the essential oil will not be damaging. Cheaper oils contain chemicals & carriers, or are distilled improperly which takes away from their efficacy, and could even be damaging to your health! Thanks for understanding!
P.S – We love your comments, but let’s make sure we don’t mention any remedies for sicknesses, symptoms, or diseases! Thanks!
By the Way...
We aren’t doctors or health experts. We just have a passion for wellness, and educating others on how to maintain it through the goodness of essential oils. Please know that any information provided on the B.Well website is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, nor replace current medical treatment or drugs prescribed by your healthcare professional. The statements made have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is your responsibility to educate yourself and address any health or medical needs you may have with your physician. Please seek professional help when needed.