Hello, everyone! Woohoo! It’s a brand new week here on B.Well, and to kick it off I’m going to talk to you about saving money! Charlotte and I LOVE our oils. We love them so much that we do everything we can to find ways to save money in the other areas of our life to save money to invest in the things that matter most–ahem…the oils, people. 😉 Sometimes those savings came from unusual places, like our razors.
Ditching the Pink Plastic Razor
Believe it or not, I discovered a year ago that conventional razors were burning a little hole in my savvy wallet! You know the drill–you buy one every month, 12 times a year. Not only that, once I got to thinking about it, I realized that my plastic razors were also laden with yucky toxic/chemical scents and built-in lotions. Ew! I was already using nice toxin/fragrance/dye-free soap, but what good was it doing if I was still scraping my skin with a toxic-laden razor? Oops! But was there any other option in the razor department? Yes, there was! And the answer came from the vintage eras.
Introducing the Metal Razor!
What did our Grandmas, and Great-Grandmas do before the sweet-smelling pink razor hit the market? They most certainly used metal straight razors. With that in mind, I plugged away on my computer and found that they were still being manufactured today! Just imagine me doing a little happy dance here and you’ve got the whole picture. 😉
Pink Plastic Yuck vs. Clean Shiny Metal
Pink Plastic Yuck
- Plastic razors have to be replaced every month or so for $8, which means you will spend around $100 a year on just razors. Essentially, you are spending money instead of saving it. Yikes!
- Plastic razors have built in lubricants/lotions that are filled with toxic fragrance and who knows what else. Think about this–when you shave, your pores are already opened up from the warm shower water, which means that is prime time for absorption. Add a razor outfitted with toxic lubricant/lotion to that equation and you’ve got a recipe for easy toxic absorption which over time builds up in your body. Ew!
Clean Shiny Metal
- 1 metal razor is a once in a lifetime purchase. The one I bought (Bigfoot Shaves off of amazon.com) came with a nice little travel case + 10 stainless steel blades for a sweet total of $20!
- With metal razors, all you need to replace are the blades, but even that is cost efficient because they can be sold in bulk. A pack of 10 amounts to only $9. One blade lasts you a month or more, so you’re literally paying a total of $9 per year for razor upkeep (one tenth of what you spend on plastic razors!) Right now, I have only had my razor for more than a year, and I am not even close to having to replace the blades! Pretty cool, eh?
- Metal razors are toxic/chemical FREE! 😀
- A metal razor will last a lifetime as long as you keep it clean and gunk free. After each use, and before I return it to its case, I wipe mine down with a square of TP to eliminate mineral/scum build up. Easy-peasy!
- Traveling with your metal razor is safe and easy if you have a travel case to keep it in. I would suggest finding a metal razor brand that includes a case with the purchase of a razor. It is much more cost effective.
- Metal razors are perfectly safe and easy to use. The brand we chose actually includes instructions with the razor. I recommend you read up to understand just how simple and safe they are to use.
- A metal razor actually gives you a closer, smoother shave than a conventional plastic one! Combine that with some after-shower lotion packed with pure Essential Oils (who wants a recipe?), and hello shiny, smoooooth legs! 😉
- To top it off, I personally believe that a shiny metal razor is a lot more classy to have around than junky-looking plastic one. It may seem silly, but I feel quite posh when I use mine. Who doesn’t want to feel like that when you’re getting ready for the day?
It’s up to You
Changing your lifestyle to a chemical free one can be as easy and simple as changing out the razor you use. It’s just one step. You’re choice. You can make it happen, girl! Either today, this week, or this month! You can do it. If we could, then so can you.
Comment below to share your thoughts! I’d love to know how this post blessed you!
P.S. Oh golly do we love all of our readers! You guys rock! We had such a wonderful launch last week thanks to YOU! We want you to know we couldn’t have done it without your supportive enthusiasm. I’m sure you’d love to know who won the Golden Touch Kit from our launch giveaway, right? You can find the winner by clicking on this link and scrolling down to the widget.
By the Way...
We aren’t doctors or health experts. We just have a passion for wellness, and educating others on how to maintain it through the goodness of essential oils. Please know that any information provided on the B.Well website is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, nor replace current medical treatment or drugs prescribed by your healthcare professional. The statements made have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is your responsibility to educate yourself and address any health or medical needs you may have with your physician. Please seek professional help when needed.